Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Light for the UTE! Yessss!

Rover
Dual Cross Pro
My old trusty Cygolight Rover though a pretty bright light, it was very heavy system. Also after several years of use the NMIH battery isn't what it used to be. It doesn't hold the charge quite as long or burn quite as bright as it used to. It still works but it is getting toward the end of its lifespan. So enter the new light  the Cygolight Dual Cross Pro Led Li-on this light is a huge step up from my old light. not only is the light smaller , the battery is much smaller and lighter too. Where this light excels is in the amount of brightness they get from L.E.D's. It seems unreal how a light so small can put out so much light. I think I made a good buy...especially when it was on sale!

3 comments:

  1. I have the same light. I've been running it since October and it has been working perfectly. The only issue I've had was that I dropped the bottle-cage-mounted battery and the glue holding the two halves together came loose and I could unscrew it. I just glued the parts back together and it's been fine ever since.

    I found you through Myle's blog (Rat Trap Press). Good to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... the light I have is the Rover. I need to read the whole article next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my old rover did the same thing with the battery too but i just started storing things inside it...like my spare tube/patch kit, but the new light is great especially the charger (it will not over charge the battery) also nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete